Friday, March 2, 2018

Thanks for the memories!!

Original Post from 3/6/2015

My last day picnic party!
Many of you know that I have accepted a new job with the Great Parks of Hamilton County as their Volunteer Coordinator.  Although I am thrilled to start a new and exciting chapter in my life, it is always bittersweet saying good-bye.
I cannot say thank you enough to Gwen, who has mentored me, showed me what passion and dedication look like and who, as a boss, has always encouraged and supported everything I have done. As a matter of fact, all of the staff at the SWCD have been that way.  They are all unique and have taught me something and made me laugh along the way. I will definitely miss them!  They have also done a great job putting up with me, my chattiness, my sarcasm and my slight attention issues! :) 
Ohio has some great educators, formal and informal.  People that are passionate and believe in what they do. And that's awesome.  Thanks to all of the teachers that welcomed me into the classroom and even invited me back!  It's been fun to get to know you all.  I'll miss the random comments and crazy schedules from the classrooms!  And to everyone that collaborated with me, that are doing the important job of introducing children to the natural world so that they can appreciate and conserve it in the future, thank you for letting me into the fold.  I have had a blast working with you all! 
With that, I'll leave you with some of my favorite memories and people from my five years here at the District.  It's not good-bye, it's see you later!  See you at the Parks!

Niki 



A job hazard: over-crafting and being covered in feathers!

My homies on New Years Eve when we dressed "swanky".

I actually held a tarantula!! Thanks to this job..

One of our awesome Educator Development programs: learning about farms.

Hikes with Scouts 

Library programs always have great crowds, quality over quantity! 



I worked with many great interns!

A truly fabulous and passionate group: the educators of Area IV.

Gwen telling kids to not use cell phones at Envirothon. :)

Love our Storm Drain Labelers!

Great Outdoor Weekend 

Talkin' worms in the rain!
Two of my favorite co-workers ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. We will review and publish it shortly if it meets our community standards.

Where has Sara been?

Over the past couple months you may have noticed it was a little hard to schedule a program with me between October and January. That is bec...