Friday, March 2, 2018

Greetings!

There is a new face in the office! Hi my name is Sara Fehring and I am the new Education Assistant for the Hamilton County Soil and Water Conservation District. I received a B.A. in Zoology from Miami University in 2013. For the past year I have been working on my M.A. in Biology through Project Dragonfly and Miami University. I would highly recommend Project Dragonfly to any formal or informal educator that is interested in obtaining their master's degree, https://www.projectdragonfly.org/.

For the past two years I worked as a Naturalist for the City of Fairfield. I highly enjoyed working for the City of Fairfield but was ready to move on to a full time position. As a Naturalist I created and ran programs out of Huffman Park. I am extremely excited to share my past experiences, knowledge and ideas with my new co-workers and members of the community. With the start of the school year quickly approaching I look forward to meeting you and your group/class. Don't forget that our calendar fills up quickly. If you have a date, time and program in mind please head over and send us a request, http://www.hcswcd.org/classroom-programs.html.

When I am not working there are a number of things that I enjoy doing. My hobbies include horseback riding, crafting, camping and baking. I highly enjoy being outdoors and I find myself working outdoors whenever I have the opportunity. I have a true passion for animals and traveling. I have two dogs, a horse and a miniature donkey at home. I am hoping to add some chickens to the mix in the near future. I recently went to Bahia de los Angeles with Project Dragonfly. I have created a slide show with a few pictures from my trip.  I definitely recommend adding Baja California to your bucket list.

I look forward to meeting all of you in person!
Snorkeling with Whale Sharks

Orcas

Orcas

Classmates and instructors
Sleeping arrangements


Common Dolphins
Common Dolphins


Where the desert meets the sea.

Desert

Swimming with sea lions 

Best tacos ever!

Whale Shark

4:30 am hike




Whale Shark


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. We will review and publish it shortly if it meets our community standards.

Where has Sara been?

Over the past couple months you may have noticed it was a little hard to schedule a program with me between October and January. That is bec...